Folsom Civil Protective Order Attorneys
Northern California Lawyers for Restraining Orders & Civil Protective Orders
If you or a member of your family is being stalked, harassed, threatened, or abused, you may request a civil harassment restraining order. This type of restraining order is different than a domestic violence restraining order, as it cannot be ordered against a spouse, ex-spouse, dating partner, or close relative (such as a parent, child, sibling, or grandparent).
Instead, civil protective orders should be used if you are experiencing harassment from a:
- Family member more than two degrees removed (such as an aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or cousin)
If you need help requesting a civil protective restraining order to protect yourself or your family, the Law Office of Tiffany L. Andrews, P.C. can help. Our restraining order attorneys can also assist you if you feel that a protective order has been unfairly or unnecessarily taken against you.
How to File a Civil Protective Order in CA
The process of obtaining a civil protective order in Folsom is as follows:
- You will need to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Pay the applicable fee, unless you qualify for a fee waiver.
- A judge will decide whether or not to approve the request within one business day, if not sooner.
- If approved, a temporary order will be instated. This order will only last until your hearing.
How Can a Civil Harassment Restraining Order Protect Me?
A civil harassment restraining order can prevent the person from:
- Contacting you or your family
- Approaching you, your children, or anyone you live with, no matter where you are
- Maintain a certain distance from your work, school, or home
- Possessing a gun
Violations of a civil protective order could result in fines, jail time, or both.
Seek Protection with Help from Our Civil Harassment Restraining Order Attorneys Today
If you are experiencing any form of harassment or abuse, request a civil protective order right away. Our firm is here to guide you through the process and to represent you in the hearing if need be. We are also aware that some orders are taken against innocent people based on grudges or jealousy. Our civil protective order attorneys in Folsom can represent you if you have been unjustly accused of harassment.
I am very lucky to have Tiffany Andrews as my attorney!- kvitkoolga
Amazing Family Law Attorney!- Chad
Review of Tiffany Andrews- George
Hard Working- Previous Client
Dedicated and Professional- Previous Client
2015 Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of CA, Board of Legal Specialization
2011 Certified Welfare Law Specialist by NACC, Accredited by the CA State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Active in the Local Community
Involved in the State Legislative Process